Had been yearning to eat some easy snack which is fresh and clean, and can keep me up for the one and half hour morning swim.
Plain and simple, almond cookies filled with raisins, and little amount of oats for carb.
This takes less than 20 mins.
Ingredients you need-
- 3 cups of unblanched almond flour.
- 1 cup of oats
- handful of raisins, or a little more, depending on how you like them.
- 1/2 cup of Agave nectar. You can add more if you want more sweetness.
- 1/2 teaspoon of table salt.
- Throw in some crushed walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda.
- 1 cup of coconut oil.
- Mix everything in a big bowl.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Use a baking tray, lined with parchment paper.
- You can use an ice-cream scooper to create equal portions and line them on the tray. Scooper helps to avoid the dough from falling apart.
- Place the tray for 10 mins in the oven.
- Leave it in the oven for additional 2-3 mins, after turning the oven off.
- Take it out, and let it cool down till it becomes hard.
Store them in the fridge or eat them all !!
Very filling with a cup of tea, coffee or warm milk.
Cauliflower is my favorite vegetable of all time. I have experimented a lot making various dishes with cauliflower, even baking it at times. Cauliflower blends in with every other vegetable or ingredient and results in a yummy taste. I usually prefer buying cauliflower from the farmer’s market. Two many advantage of buying it from farmers market: Firstly it’s all fresh and local, and secondly its cheaper than other grocery stores.
Nutritionally speaking of cauliflower – it is very rich in vitamin c and vitamin k. The recipe I have today cooks cauliflower in a way that the nutrition doesn’t get affected. I strongly believe in keeping the dish as much simple as I can. This way you happen to enjoy the maximum of its flavor.
Here is the recipe for cauliflower rice, which includes 4 main ingredients and some spices. It is completely grain free and gluten free.
Author Name: Jaspreet Kaur
- Grated cauliflower : 1 cup
- Grated green cabbage: 1/2 cup
- Grated onions: 1 (small)
- Green peas: 1/2 cup
- Grated ginger: 1 tbsp
- Crushed garlic: 1tbsp
- Cumin seeds: 1tbsp
- Salt: 1tsp
- Black pepper: 1/2tsp
- Turmeric powder:1tsp
- Coriander powder:1tsp
- Coconut oil: 1tbsp (you can use any oil)
- Shredded coconut: 1tbsp
You can avoid any of the spices, if you don’t find them in the market. Lot of these spices are consumed for health reasons as well. For example turmeric, is naturally available anti-inflamatory.
- Place the skillet on heat and add coconut oil.
- When the oil gets warm, add cumin seeds. When the seeds gets little dark, add onions and sauté till golden brown like in the picture below.
- Add garlic,ginger and all the spices(turmeric,coriander powder and black pepper. Close the lid for 2-3 minutes(at low medium flame)
- Now add cauliflower, cabbage and green peas; close the lid for another 10 mins at low to medium heat. Keep checking and stirring in between, the ingredients should not stick to the pan.
- Open the lid and sprinkle some shredded coconut; Enjoy the cruelty free rice 🙂
Message for the day,”healthy can make you wealthy”. Spending little too much on healthy food and outdoor activities, can save the money you spend on healthcare.
Talking more about what I am making today is couscous rice.Couscous is a staple food throughout the North African cuisines of Morocco,Algeria, Tunisia, Mauritania and Libya, as well as the Middle East. It contains around 4g of protein in every 100 grams of it and is low in carb compared to quinoa. The good news is it’s all good carb, that you are consuming. It is easy to make and takes very less time. You can use them in soups, mix-veg or make it as rice. I am today making it as rice and here is the recipe. Continue reading